Sunday, January 17, 2010

Success, new idea, open call for vegetables

You saw the rain totals for Dripping Springs. 3-4 inches, at least. Well, my stream bed held up, diverted water and looks better than ever. I think I like it. I wish to increase the height of the soil on the bridge at the end to accentuate it's bridgeness. Otherwise, I declare success.
All my Artemesia "Powis Castle" are looking ragged. While checking on the safety of trimming them at this time of year I came across instructions for propagation. Apparently, if you trim them you can plant the stems you remove and with minimal attention (water) in 6 months, voila, a new artemesia. I am going to try it and will report back in June.
If you have vegetables you want planted or varieties to recommend - call, email or comment now while garden space is still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment