Friday, September 11, 2009

Planting Diagram, seedling emergence update



As promised. Just left click on the diagram and it will become big enough to read.

I will sit down with my seed packets at some point so there is a list of varieties that I used. I've tried on two occasions, only to have my almost 2 year old daughter commandeer my lap and desk for coloring. A much better use of my time than chronicling seed varieties for posterity I think. Every color is pink or yellow to her. I've asked her if she is color blind. She says no.


The key -

1 Broccoli

2 Parsley

3 Carrots

4 Fennel

5 Nasturtium

6 Dill

7 Pole Beans

8 Black-Eyed Peas

9 Cucumber

10 Gourds

11 Lima Beans

12 Pumpkins

13 Tomato (singular)

14 Summer Squash


We've had rain the past two days, a shocking and exciting event, and more seedlings are up. In fact, I have at least one seedling of everything I've planted. I tried covering the soil with damp newspaper to keep the soil moist / prevent crusting and it seemed to help and get everything started. Then the rain came and all the plants have started sprouting in an aggressive fashion. I like the damp paper, but it looks like I converted my garden to a city park bench (sans bum), so I am going to go for damp burlap from now on.

On the death by neglect watch - one Nasturtium has fried in the sun, but my lone Tomato is hanging on.

No comments:

Post a Comment