Tuesday, September 29, 2009

End of September


The garden is coming on. I fertilized everything with a liquid, organic (I am so good, I know) fertilizer on Monday morning. Then it rained Monday afternoon and again today. Things are going my way.

On the "things are not going my way" front - something is eating my pole beans and cucumbers. There are little holes in the new leaves. I decided not to treat with anything yet. Don't be confused, this is not part of any grand Integrated Pest Management plan. I am just lazy, busy with other things (it is college football season after all) and didn't have anything on hand to treat with. I don't even know what is eating them. Whatever it is doesn't hang around to be found - grasshopper, caterpillar, very small rabbit? No telling. The plants will either be strong enough to push through or, well, die.

No comments:

Post a Comment