Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Pictures

Mutabalis Rose in the foreground. Bush Germander and Gopher Plant are in the bed closer to the house, steadily out growing the space I allotted them.

Bearded, German, Flag or Cemetery (is Cemetery just for the white ones?) Iris. I have yellow and purple variates, both handed down from my wife's aunt, who dug them from her mother's garden. Evergreen, drought and deer resistant, gorgeous blooms. I can't say it enough, plant some. In fact, I'll say it to myself - plant some more!




I was very proud of my string trellis design with the string buried in the ground as an anchor. I shouldn't have been, almost all the strings are now loose or not touching the ground at all. I don't know if the string just decomposes rapidly in the ground or if something like a pill bug is chewing through them. Or if the cotton string contracts when it dries and just pulls out of the ground. Any way about it, they aren't working great. Next time, I will tie the string to sticks and shove the sticks into the soil. I have no idea why I didn't think about that this time. Yes, I do, I am not that bright to begin with and I was drinking at the time. (a phrase which happens to be the working title of my memoirs.)


Our Redbud in bloom for the first time in three years here. I think Redbuds can be rather garish, ok, really ugly, when they are planted out by themselves. Especially in parking lots. But mixed with some Live Oaks as an understory tree, they are very tasteful. See mine, for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment