Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow, death

Snow today! Expect pictures soon. But luckily for you, dear reader, no drawings or paintings. Yet.
My art teacher thought I was making good progress and recommended I keep up my practice with different objects around the house. I proposed that I could go outside and draw a rock wall, or an oak tree. The look of shock and horror on her face told me all I needed. Since I don't look even as bright as I actually am, she spelled it out for me, "Oh. My, no. No. Don't try that yet. You will find it very frustrating." So, still life only, still.
It hasn't been above freezing here for over 72 hours and the low has been 15 or so. I don't think many of my vegetables or perennials were meant for this. It will be interestingly sad to see what dies.

No comments:

Post a Comment